Vectis Auction 6th June at Rugby

Members may post here their items for sale. Please note that the LNWR Society can accept no responsibility for the outcome of any transactions negotiated via this forum. Any matters arising must be resolved between the trading parties.
oldrog

Vectis Auction 6th June at Rugby

Post by oldrog » Thu May 21, 2015 10:43 am

There are a large number of O Gauge coaches in this auction - look at the 'Finescale O Gauge Kit and Scratch Built' section.
I hope that (yet again) I have not ruined someones chance of getting a bargain!

oldrog

stephenweston

Re: Vectis Auction 6th June at Rugby

Post by stephenweston » Thu May 21, 2015 3:29 pm

Thanks for reminding me!
As I live in Rugby I'll pop along. The 3 rail 2-4-0 might be worth a look - is it a 'Chopper'?

oldrog

Post by oldrog » Fri May 22, 2015 11:31 am

Hi Stephen
Are you sure you are not taking advantage of this opportunity to avoid the AGM?
Roger

stephenweston

Post by stephenweston » Fri May 22, 2015 12:39 pm

Hello Roger
Ah! Good point......
Steve

Mike Williams

Post by Mike Williams » Sun May 24, 2015 9:30 am

Steve,

The 3-rail 2-4-0 is a Chopper, but the box behind the engine in their picture says "0 Gauge locomotive for tinplate trains" which probably sums it up quite nicely. Not the same quality as some of the carriages in the same sale - maybe from a different vendor?

But then, to be fair, the loco is not a lot of money

Mike

stephenweston

Post by stephenweston » Sun May 24, 2015 5:39 pm

Thanks Mike

The Chopper isn't too badly priced and a low bid might win....

I'll have a good luck on the Friday evening; I can walk to the Benn Hall in 20 minutes!

Steve

Mike Williams

Post by Mike Williams » Sun May 24, 2015 8:12 pm

A final thought - this engine is not mentioned on our Webb site under 7mm locomotives. Do members agree that it should be on the list? Does anyone know if Highfield did any other LNWR models which could also be added to the list for completeness?

Mike

pstanton

Post by pstanton » Tue May 26, 2015 7:40 am

Agree Mike; it should be on!!!

ATB

Peter

Mike Williams

Post by Mike Williams » Tue May 26, 2015 9:22 am

The reason I ask whether members think that commercial models like this should be included is that a line needs to be drawn. ACE Trains make a Hornby-like 4-4-4 tank with LNWR on the tank - should that be included as a 7mm scale model? The Chopper under discussion is a retro type model and there are others. Some old kits are pretty poor by today's standards, so where should the line be drawn between scale models and toys, and who draws it?

I'm not criticising anybody or anything (certainly not the Webbmaster!) - just asking for a debate.

Mike

simonweston

Post by simonweston » Tue May 26, 2015 9:13 pm

As webmaster - it's LNWR related, may be of interest to many members and not difficult to do. Just need to put in own section - oh and someone to gather info and photos.

Personal opinion is definately add them. There are whole ranges of kits missing from the modelling lists - including coaches from Micro Rail and D&S. Had never heard of Modellers' World untill Philip sent photos. Now have kits of 6-wheelers from all 3, those will be in the list plus any others I find out about.
Co-incidently received promise of photos from those ranges in the last few days !

Models may be toys - some more than others - but didn't the colour of Basset-lowke gunpowder van provoke discussion on the real wagons ?

Cheers,
Simon