LNWR Books Secondhand

Members may post here their items for sale. Please note that the LNWR Society can accept no responsibility for the outcome of any transactions negotiated via this forum. Any matters arising must be resolved between the trading parties.
Edward Talbot

LNWR Books Secondhand

Post by Edward Talbot » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:18 pm

I visited Harry Madden's shop at Dagfields Craft/Antique centre between Nantwich and Audlem yesterday and was again impressed by the quantity and variety of railway books available - there seemed to be more than ever - and also by the fact that there were half a dozen or so LNWR books among them. Harry, a former railwayman, trades as Cavern Books, and anyone looking for a particular title would be well advised to give him a ring. The phone number is: 01270 841594. To reach Dagfields, turn off the A51 Nantwich - Stone road at Walgherton, opposite the Boar's Head. Postcode CW5 7LG.

Last week I visited Bill Hudson's shop by Matlock station. Bill is perhaps better known for selling new books and is commonly seen at model shows but he also sells secondhand books at his shop. He had several LNWR books and also a good run of Railway Magazine bound in the usual maroon. Bill's phone number is: 01629 580797. The post code is: DE4 3NA

Edward Talbot

Re: LNWR Books Secondhand

Post by Edward Talbot » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:13 pm

I went again to Harry Madden's shop at Dagfields only a few days ago and he had the usual array of desirable books. Two of the rarest were: "Popular Lectures on the Steam Engine" by Dionysius Lardner (sorry, I did not check which edition, the date of publication) and Williams "Register of LNWR Locomotives" of 1911 and the updating "Supplement" of 1924. He also has a copy of Harry Jack's "Locomotives of the LNWR Southern Division", as well as "LNWR Liveries" priced at £25, "LNWR Engines" and "LNWR Recalled", plus several bound volumes of "Railway Magazine" and "Railway Observer".