Manchester to Crewe Part Two by Eddie Johnson

Members may post here their items for sale. Please note that the LNWR Society can accept no responsibility for the outcome of any transactions negotiated via this forum. Any matters arising must be resolved between the trading parties.
Edward Talbot

Manchester to Crewe Part Two by Eddie Johnson

Post by Edward Talbot » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:18 pm

MANCHESTER TO CREWE, PART TWO,
LONDON ROAD (PICCADILLY) TO WILMSLOW VIA LEVENSHULME, HEATON CHAPEL, STOCKPORT, CHEADLE HULME & HANDFORTH.
By Eddie Johnson
144 pages. Book Law Publications £23.99

The first part of Eddie Johnson’s illustrated history of the Manchester to Crewe railway appeared in 2007. It covered the route to Wilmslow via Styal and took in the modernisation and electrification of 1958-60. After a brief re-cap at London Road/Piccadilly and Longsight MPD, the second part travels along the original M&B line of 1842 taking an in-depth look at Stockport, a section that includes a four-page copy of an original LNWR line plan, as well as photographic coverage from pre-Group days up to modern times. The vast majority of the photographs have not been published before; a highlight is the splendid frontispiece, Roger Markland’s superb study of a double-headed NSR/LNW express at Heaton Norris. As with part one, the story again ends at Wilmslow. A third volume is promised, taking the story on to Crewe.

Paul Howarth

Re: Manchester to Crewe Part Two by Eddie Johnson

Post by Paul Howarth » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:34 am

Hi Ted

As an ex-Stockport man I should be very interested in this book. How do we go forward from here? I can use Paypal or send a cheque or whatever. So, is it still available

Many thanks
Computers obey your commands, not your wishes - unknown author (probably a computer!)

Philip Millard

Post by Philip Millard » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Paul Howarth wrote:Hi Ted

As an ex-Stockport man I should be very interested in this book. How do we go forward from here? I can use Paypal or send a cheque or whatever. So, is it still available

Many thanks

Just order it from Booklaw, or any other bookseller such as Bil Hudson.
"A man would do nothing, if he waited until he could do it so well that no one at all would find fault with what he has done." - Cardinal Newman

Paul Howarth

Post by Paul Howarth » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:59 am

Thanks Philip

I guess it was too obvious for me to realise that!
Computers obey your commands, not your wishes - unknown author (probably a computer!)