Wolverton Station Nameboard

Members may post here their items for sale. Please note that the LNWR Society can accept no responsibility for the outcome of any transactions negotiated via this forum. Any matters arising must be resolved between the trading parties.
melvynsmith

Wolverton Station Nameboard

Post by melvynsmith » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:45 pm

Sadly not a LNWR sign, but nearly 70 years old. I have one of the BR(M) enamel 'Wolverton' running boards which I need to move on; my shed roof is leaky and the recent rain has been a problem. It is a big unflanged enamel sign in maroon with white(ish) letters, an impressive 24" by 120" overall. The good news is it is in two parts; WOLV is 24" by 58" and ERTON is 24" by 62" . I currently have it screwed to a wooden frame to display complete. Condition is reasonable (about 6 out of 10!) with some areas of enamel loss and general loss of shine, but it still a very displayable artefact with historical links to an important Premier Line location. If any forum members would like first dibs please log in and contact me by email with an expression of interest or offer. If no takers in the next month or so (and I realise this is not everyones cup of tea) I'll sell through a railwayana venue in due course. I'm in Essex but may be able to help with delivery.
Melvyn

Mike Williams

Re: Wolverton Station Nameboard

Post by Mike Williams » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:33 pm

I know that Milton Keynes Museum would love it, but suspect they couldn't afford it.

Mike

melvynsmith

Re: Wolverton Station Nameboard

Post by melvynsmith » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:56 am

I sold the BR enamel Wolverton running in board at the last Quorn railwayana bootsale, at the fair market price of £80, to a collector of railway enamel signs.
Melvyn